The human body undergoes a variety of big changes as it matures. From puberty to menopause, life can sometimes feel like a whirlwind of ever-fluctuating hormones. Even the shape of your body can look different during various stages of life. Some of the most drastic physical changes occur during pregnancy and in the days following childbirth. Some of these changes are noticeable to anyone who looks at you. Others may be less obvious but still impact you in drastic ways.
These physical changes can be overwhelming, but there are ways to restore your beautiful, pre-baby body. A Mommy Makeover is one of the most effective procedures for targeting all areas most impacted by childbirth. Here’s what to know about this popular treatment and how to tell when it’s the right time to have it done.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
A Mommy Makeover is a package of surgical procedures designed to restore a woman’s body to how it looked before pregnancy. It usually includes a breast augmentation, tummy tuck, and tumescent body liposculpture. It may also include vaginal rejuvenation and a breast lift as needed. If you wish to restore your figure and vagina to how they were before pregnancy, this procedure can help.
When Is the Best Time to Get a Mommy Makeover?
Many moms jump at the chance to improve their bodies. But in some cases, it might be best to wait. So, when is the best time to get a Mommy Makeover? Most providers recommend waiting until you’re done having children. This is because you don’t want to undergo plastic surgery only to have the effects undone by another pregnancy. If you wait until your childbearing years are over, you can keep your surgical results intact much longer.
In addition to waiting until you’re done having babies, you may also want to schedule your surgery during a certain time of the year. It may sound strange, but fall and winter are generally the best times to get scheduled. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Childcare is more readily available: You’ll need help watching your kids while you recover from your procedure. Many families take advantage of the nice weather in the spring and summer months and go on vacation. You’re more likely to find childcare during the fall and winter when kids are in school.
- You can keep your surgery private: If you don’t want people to know you’ve received cosmetic surgery, you’ll have an easier time hiding your body while it heals in the fall and winter. During those times of the year, you’ll be able to cover your body with layers of clothing. If you undergo surgery in the spring or summer, hiding your surgical scars while you heal will be more challenging.
- Cooler weather makes recovery easier: Hot weather can lead to inflammation and lengthen your recovery time after a Mommy Makeover. On the other hand, cool temperatures can reduce inflammation and help you experience a shorter and easier recovery.
- You can take advantage of vacation time: Most employers offer holiday vacation time to their employees. You can take advantage of that vacation time and use it to recover from your surgical procedure.
- You can heal up in time for spring and summer: If you want to unveil your new, svelte figure during the spring and summer, get your surgery out of the way at the end of the year. That way, you’ll have time for your swelling and bruising to go down before bikini season.
Should You Get a Mommy Makeover Right After Giving Birth?
Some of the most common physical alterations caused by pregnancy and childbirth include stretch marks, widening of the vaginal canal, abdominal wall weakness, and a slowed metabolism. You may also have visible scars if you gave birth via c-section. Many new moms also notice drooping skin where their swollen pregnant bellies used to be.
Are There Any Risks Associated With a Mommy Makeover?
Because a Mommy Makeover includes several surgical procedures, there are, of course, some possible risks. These include:
- Poor incision healing
- Loss of nipple sensation
- Breast implant leakage
- Seroma (accumulation of fluid under the skin)
- Hematoma (collection of blood under the skin)
- Allergic reactions
Fortunately, the complication rate is low in people who are healthy and well-qualified for this procedure.
What to Expect During Your Mommy Makeover Recovery
Mommy Makeover recovery times vary. For example, tummy tuck surgery has a lengthy recovery period of up to three months. Recover from breast augmentation, on the other hand, usually only takes about six to eight weeks. Your total recovery time will depend on the specific surgical procedures you receive as part of your makeover.
Many providers recommend bed rest for about two weeks. You’ll receive detailed instructions on how and when to resume normal activities. However, you’ll most likely need to avoid strenuous physical activity for at least three months. It can take up to a year to see the final results of your makeover.
To make your recovery as smooth and fast as possible, avoid smoking, don’t resume normal activities too quickly, and make healthy food choices. You should also sleep in a recliner on your back if you received a breast enhancement or tummy tuck. Under the direction of your surgeon, take short, slow walks around your house. This will help ensure your blood and fluids flow correctly. Finally, attend all your follow-up appointments to ensure your recovery goes as expected.
Schedule Your Dynamic Duo Mommy Makeover Today
Becoming a mother requires patience and sacrifice. But the price of motherhood doesn’t have to include a saggy belly, boobs, and vagina. You went through a lot to bring your children into the world. You deserve to reward yourself with a slimmer body and boosted confidence.
Advanced Body Sculpting of New England can help you regain your slim, lifted body so you feel like your old self again. Two surgeons mean double the mommy makeover results. We are proud to offer two of the top-rated surgeons in the area available to perform the surgeries that will entirely transform your body and life.
Dr. Mark Lowney and Dr. Pasquale Tolomeo now offer “The Dynamic Duo Mommy Makeover.” When you schedule this procedure, you’ll get two cosmetic surgeons with over 40 years of clinical experience working to improve your body at the same time! They’ll provide a BBL, breast augmentation and lift, and a tummy tuck to help you turn heads again.