Dermaplaning – Fall River
What is dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a non-invasive skin rejuvenation treatment which removes dead skin cells leaving the skin immediately smooth, supple, and vibrant.
Dermaplaning is a simple and safe procedure for exfoliating the epidermis and ridding the skin of fine vellus hair (peach fuzz).
Dermaplaning is a quick procedure with few to no adverse effects making it a perfect treatment for those who have sensitive skin, who want a deep exfoliation, but are not allowed to use peeling agents on their skin because of the risk that chemicals will be absorbed into the bloodstream. It is also a first choice for patients who have excess vellus hair on the skin. This hair often causes a buildup dirt and oils in the follicles, so removing the hair gives the patient healthier looking skin. Although merely an old wives’ tale, many patients are not often concerned that the hair will grow back heavier and darker after dermaplaning. This is not the case. As long as the hair is superficial vellus hair, it will grow back at the same rate and texture as before the treatment.
Benefits of dermaplaning include:
- Immediately diminishes the appearance of fine lines that are evident on the agin skin
- Removes surface dead skin cells
- Patients with areas of apparent telangiectasias (broken Caplillaries)
- Patiens with active herpetic outbreaks
- Patients that are currently on Retin A, Renova, Tretinoin (must stop 5-7 days before)
- Patients currently using Accutane (must be off for 1 year)
- Patients that are taking any oral medication that makes skin sensitive, such as antibiotics, etc.
- Patients who have uncontrolled Parkinson’s disease
- Patients who have been in tanning beds or booths less than 2 weeks ago
- Patients who are pregnant or nursing
- Wash with gentle cleanser, no scrubs for 48 hours
- Must stay out of tanning beds or booths for minimum of 2 weeks
- Staying out of direct sunlight for 48 hours (protect the new skin)
- Wear SPF 50 daily before going into the sun or car rides
How much does dermaplaning cost?
The price of dermaplaning will vary depending on where you seek treatment. We offer Fall River and Providence patients dermaplaning for $200 (with pack).